Epsom Salt Fertilizer / magnesium sulfate fertilizer
Epsom salt fertilizer helps improve flower blooming and enhances a plant’s green color. It can even help plants grow bushier. Epsom salt is made up of hydrated magnesium sulfate (magnesium and sulfur), which is important to healthy plant growth.
How Can You Tell If Your Plants Need Epsom Salts?
If your plants are lacking in magnesium sulfate, you will probably be able to see it.
For example, yellowing leaves overall can mean a need for Epsom salts.
Lower leaves turning yellow in between their veins should be given more magnesium.
A good dose of magnesium. If your plants are needing a boost, dissolve about one to two tablespoons of Epsom salt in a gallon of water. Pour at the base of the plant and allow the water-salt solution to soak into the ground. Repeat throughout the season as necessary.
- Soil Incorporation – Broadcast 1 cup per 100 square feet, mix well into the soil before planting.
- At Planting Time – When planting seedlings or new plants, dig a hole and place about 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt in the bottom of the hole and cover with a thin layer of dirt, place the plant in the hole and finish planting.
- Peppers – Spray your peppers at bloom time.
Combine 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt with a gallon of water.
Ten days later, repeat the foliar spray again.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes can benefit from Epsom salt every 2 weeks.
Apply 1 tablespoon diluted in water per foot of plant height per plant.
Roses. Soak unplanted bushes in 1/2 cup of Epsom salt per gallon of water to help roots recover. Then add a tablespoon of Epsom salt to each hole at planting time.
- Lawns, Trees & Shrubs
- For lawns, use 3 pounds of Epsom salt for every 1,250 square feet. Apply with a spreader or dilute the Epsom salt in water and use a sprayer.
- For shrubs (evergreens, azaleas, rhododendron), apply 1 tablespoon per 9 square feet over the root zone by diluting in water. Apply every 2 to 4 weeks.
Prep your garden by sprinkling 1 cup of Epsom salt over 100 square feet. Mix into the soil before planting.
epsom salt fertilizer for houseplants, epsom salt fertilizer analysis, epsom salt fertilizer label, Epsom salt fertilizer for seedlings, Epsom salt fertilizer orchids, Epsom salt fertilizer ratio, epsom salt fertilizer hydrangeas, epsom salt fertilizer indoor plants, epsom salt fertilizer recipe, epsom salt a fertilizer, epsom salt in fertilizer, Epsom salt and plants, epsom salt as fertilizer and pesticide, epsom salt and fertilizer, molasses and epsom salt fertilizer, urine and epsom salt fertilizer, epsom salt to plants, epsom salt to fertilize the lawn, Epsom salt to fertilize tomatoes, Epsom salt to fertilize sago palms, Epsom salt to fertilize roses, epsom salt to fertilize ferns,